For many businesses operating in today’s global landscape, it’s vital to establish and maintain operations in multiple regions and countries to remain competitive. However, relocating top talent to where they’re most needed presents a challenge. It’s no secret that employees who face reassignment to a new office may consider leaving their positions, and scholars can back this up.
The costs and risks associated with losing highly skilled personnel are difficult to quantify, but ensuring that your company has competitive relocation policies with robust destination services is essential to mitigating them.
A Great Destination Services Provider Looks Out For Your Company And Your Team Every Step of The Way
If you’re a business leader, you know that retaining top talent is essential to your success. At CapRelo, our full range of destination services takes the weight off your shoulders and ensures a successful transition for your employees. We anticipate and assist with every possible contingency so they can settle into their new city quickly and focus on being productive, innovative drivers of your company’s success.
We service 160 countries worldwide, and our 96% transferee satisfaction rate is unsurpassed in the industry. So whether your relocation needs are US domestic, intra-country, or international, we’re prepared with a comprehensive suite of services to support your company and employees. From relocation policy development to assignee counseling, our team is here to assist with as little or as much support as you need to ensure success.
Much like a corporate benefits package, a well-managed relocation program with well-thought-out destination services is fundamental to your company’s ability to attract and retain the best and brightest employees worldwide. A carefully designed relocation package is cost-effective while showing your employees how much you value their contributions. In addition, it should offer perks and services that will make the prospect of moving more inviting and positively impact assignee satisfaction. Consider the following fundamental relocation destination services when designing global mobility benefits for your workforce.
A visit to the new city before the big move goes a long way to ease anxiety and smooth the transition. It allows your assignees and their families to get their bearings, locate key amenities, and hopefully have some fun exploring their new home. It’s also a chance for your employee to begin in-person relationships with their new team, speeding integration once they move.
Transportation of Household Goods and Insurance
One of the most important aspects of any relocation is ensuring that an employee’s household goods and personal belongings arrive safely at their new home. We’re fully equipped to handle every detail, from packing and pick-up to customs clearance and delivery.
Finding a place to live is often cited as one of the most stressful aspects of relocating. We take the burden off of your employees and identify housing options to fit their specific needs.
Career and Family Assistance
Relocated employees may require additional support and job training to ease the relocation transition. For employees with families, resources and support to assist them in adjusting to life in a new location are fundamental and might include helping the spouse find employment. The following services fall under the family and career assistance umbrella:
- School Search Assistance: If your assignee is relocating with school-age children, we provide resources and support to zero in on the perfect educational opportunities for their family.
- Cross-Cultural Training: Understanding the local business and social traditions is critical to success in any new location. We equip your assignees with the cultural intelligence they need to thrive.
- Language Training: We provide language support services to help employees and their families brush up on a language they haven’t recently used or learn a whole new language.
- Area Orientation: We give employees and their families a crash course on everything they need to know about their new location, from how to get around to where to find the best coffee shops. We even provide a welcome kit with all the essentials they’ll need to settle in.
Real Estate Cost Assistance
If your assignee wishes to sell their existing home rather than rent it out during their absence, we’ll take care of the details. Many companies choose to cover the associated costs. If your employee is a renter with a lease, you should consider covering the resulting fees from their contract breach.
Many people prefer to hang on to their properties even though it may be years before they return to their home state or country for an extended period. We provide full-service property management, from finding tenants to handling maintenance, repairs, and mortgage and property tax payments so your employee can have peace of mind that their home is in good hands.
Temporary Living Accommodations
Short-term housing options allow your employees to settle into their new location quickly and give them ample time to find a suitable home, increasing the likelihood of a successful long-term transfer.
Home Country Storage
Of course, not everything an employee owns can (or should) be transported to the new location. We offer safe and secure home country storage services to simplify the move and alleviate worries about left-behind valuables.
We provide full-service travel support, from booking airfare to making hotel reservations to visa applications and renewals. We’ll make sure your employees are where they need to be, when they need to be there, with all their documentation and paperwork in order.
The prospect of parting with a beloved pet is a common relocation dealbreaker. We have the experience and expertise to ensure the proper care and considerations for any type of pet throughout every step of the process, from travel documents and vaccinations to transportation and kenneling.
Host Country Transportation
Undoubtedly, your employees will need to get around in their new location. We’ll provide them with information on all public transportation options and assist with acquiring a local driver’s license, if needed. We also arrange long-term car leases or purchases.
Once your assignees arrive in their new location, we assist with whatever they need to settle in, from opening a bank account or acquiring a local SIM card to connecting utilities or finding the best grocery store.
Think of Us as an Extension of Your Company
The above services are just the beginning of how we can support your company by supporting your talent, but we’re here to do much more. We’ll be an extension of your company, working to make sure that no detail slips through the cracks. In addition, we minimize your company’s legal exposure at every process stage by ensuring compliance with all local laws and regulations worldwide. Here are a few more of the many ways we look out for your best interests:
- Global Compensation Collection and Reporting: Paying your various employees at different levels of seniority in multiple countries can be a headache, especially if you employ citizens of more than one country. CapRelo is well versed in all employment and tax law details in the 160 countries where we operate, so we can ensure your payroll is reliable and reporting is comprehensive and accurate.
- Tax Equalization and Referrals for Tax Preparation Assistance: We handle the entire tax equalization process, from calculating payments to processing and tracking, so your assignees don’t suffer financial hardship or a windfall due to associated tax consequences during their global assignment. We also provide referrals for professional tax support, so your employees have the best possible assistance in preparing their tax returns.
- Relocation Policy Development: We understand that each company is different, so we’ll work with you to develop a relocation policy tailored to your specific needs and budget. We have experience developing policies for companies of all sizes in various industries, so you can be confident that your approach will be comprehensive and compliant.
- Assignment letter preparation: Our team of experts will work with you to develop thoughtful assignment letters that outline the terms and conditions of the employee’s relocation, including salary and benefits, so there’s no misunderstanding or ambiguity about policy or the services it includes.
CapRelo: Your Start-to-Finish Partner for Destination Services and Relocation
Well-thought-out destination services are an integral part of any successful relocation program. Our unrivaled ability to create custom-tailored solutions through our trusted partner relationships worldwide gives our clients an edge over the competition.
If you’re looking for an industry-leading partner who will fiercely protect your best interests and deliver seamless, positive relocation experiences for your employees, contact us today to discuss your company’s relocation needs.